Saturday, March 26, 2011

R.I.P. Frank Sapienza




Frankie,
You were only here at the Fort for a short time, however you're absence has been noticed and you have been missed terribly. I remember the time that you were hanging out in my room on New Years Eve drinking rum and coke with me, Cobra Lee, Lucas, Billy, and Tkat and you and Tkat were playing memory with the cards and how she got so mad because you kept winning. I also remember how you, me, Indi, and J Rey were swimming in the pool and that is when you first mention how you were planning on leaving the lodge to get out of the restaurant business and start working on cars which is where your passion laid. It's so sad to know that you were not able to live out your dream of working on cars in Florida. Today has made me realize how life is too short and to take every opportunity that is given to you and live life to the fullest. You will be missed by everyone you ever encounter because you could not walk into a room without your presence being known by someone. Your sweet personality and your warm, genuine smile will also be missed. May you rest in peace and know that your family and friends are in my prayers during this hard time.

1 comment:

  1. Frankie was more than just my best friend, he was my brother. I googled his name like I have a hundred times since he passed away and I came across this post. I dropped him off at and picked him up from the airport for his trip out there, and I don't think I have seen him as content as he was at that time. He really is the best person I have ever known and we miss him more than words can describe.

    It doesn't surprise me that you really saw him for who he was: a guy that could walk into a room and be the guy that everyone liked. I never heard him speak negatively about anyone, and I never heard anyone speak negatively about him, probably because I would have kicked their ass if they had!

    If you have any good stories about him during his time out there, I know that people here would love to hear them. He already told me the story about sneaking in to the ice rink after hours, but I am sure that was just the tip of the iceberg. I know his mom would love to hear any stories anyone there may have of him. Feel free to email me any of them at meehan.james.j@gmail.com thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete