Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3 Hour and Open Mic Night

Wow! It's been a while since I posted a blog on here. Time to play catch up. So here at the Peruvian, we have this thing call 3 Hours. Pretty much what that means is that an employee is allowed to have a friend or family member come visit them for up to a week and that person can work 3 hours a day and that will pay for them to sleep in employee housing (or sometime they will get a guest room if we aren't busy) and eat in Lils, or the employee dining room, and then after working 3 hours, they have the rest of the day to themself to ski and do whatever. We have had several people come and go this year because of this. Like Shawn, Cali, Nikki, and Chad to name a few. It's a neat way to meet even more people here at the lodge.

Every Monday night, the Goldminer's Daughter (or the GMD) hosts Open Mic Night. Last Monday was the last one of the season, and actually the first one I've ever gone to. It was so much fun, that it makes me wish that I had gone to more. I usually skip them due to having to work the next morning and didn't want to stay up too late partying. There were several people that I see around that are also Canyon employees that I never knew were so talented. Like Patrick Chamberlin just making up a song as he goes, or the Lifties changing the words from Momma Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys to Momma Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Ski Bums. I'm glad that I got videos of both of these performances so that I can replay them anytime that I want. And those were just 2 of the many talents that performed that night. While we all gathered in as many tables as we could possibly push together and eating pizza and drinking PBRs (and sodas for the few underage people), it was a great night for all the P-Dawgers to hang out together for one of the last times this season. It's hard to believe that the closing of the season is already apon us. I'm sure going to miss everyone when I leave here next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment